Hi. I am awaiting the arrival of my new to me Conley wood field camera. It had been modified in the past and the original focusing/film holder holding back may be gone.

Although from pictures, these backs all seem to be pretty much the same in general design there must be idiosyncracies to be wary of for each manufacturer.

What advice do you seasoned camera restorer/manufacturers have in this instance for me?

I have thought of asking on another forum group whether there are any owners of similar cameras who might send me some pics with a scale of the back. Is that the place to start or can I work backwards from what I got with the camera and the standard plate holder?

Thank you

Mark MacKenzie