You can use a rubber stopper from the hadware store. Take the lens with to check the size. I've got around a half dozen of different diameters.
You will have to be careful of the front element. Some of the 1.4's have a more protruding front element. You will find that it may be possible to cant the stopper at an angle & just use the edge to get a grip.