I have a hard time calling RC paper Silver gelatin. I figure they are for "proofing" - for evaluating a negative before you put it on good (real) paper. Kind of like the stuff color photos from Walmart come on.

glitche is INK JET - like that fade fast stuff that spills out of the ol'HP

Real Silver Gelatin - good old fiber paper with a meaningful byarta layer on it. Preferably silver chloride (best possible monochrome imagees) but if the camera weighs less than 20lbs it will be silver bromide.

Van Dyke, Kallitype - Silver iron right on the paper - kinda like great great grandmother used to make - really good stuff but not super hi res. Kalitypes that have been selenium toned are almost 3d - also pretty easy

Cyanotype - iron cyanide right on the paper - beautiful blue - you have to try this one - cheap- easy and too cool to miss

Aubumen - like silver gelatin except egg whites instead of animal gelatin - glossy hi-res creamy looking images - very cool.

Platinum/Paladium - like Kallitype except too expensive for me - Supposed to be the best of the best but a good selenium toned kalitype is pretty close.

There a bunch of other "types" some old and some modern -ziatype is modern. One noteworthy difference is tin type and duerruagge (ok I kant spell it) these metal processes are direct image onto polished metal in the camera with black paint or tar as the black area - no negatives were used the silver area became a very light grey brown. Lots of interesting gasses and poisons and lots of polish. - Kind of like an early polaroid!

Then there is digitype - an image consisting of zillions of bits that can be used for anything not worthy of keeping past a year or two. These devices can leak in which case you use a "bit-Bucket" to catch the bits as they roll out. Some distortion can occur as can be seen in glitche prints when one ink cartrige gets low or the power goes off in the middle of a 13x19 Pictorico White glossy film. One redeeming thing though - the digitype can be converted into a big negative and then made into a kalitype in which case the 700 hours of learning and 4000 of good printers hard drives monitors and stuff will sort of pay off ... or you can get that 20 lb camera. I have done both and the big heavy camera makes my arms and shoulders big where the digi-type makes my butt big.

Now you have way too much information