Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
I've just finished completing development/density testing on ClassicPan 200 (aka BPF 200), using HC-110 Dil H (1 stock:15 water), and PMK 1:2:100.

I had no problem getting excellant densities in either soup, although my E.I.'s are 20 and 25 respectively. That's fine by me.

I live in Canada, and thought that J&C had the cheapest price on this film ($11.99 U.S. per 25 sheet 4x5),...well they do, in the States. But in Toronto, Eight Elm Photo/Video sell the same film packaged as FortePan 200 & 400 for $21.00 CDN per 25 sheet box. (4x5) This saves me even more money, as it cuts out the Customs/Duty charges at the border.

I agree that the film is a little rough around the edges,...maybe that's why they go to so much trouble with the packaging. It doesn't present any problems for me, because I develop either one sheet at a time, or multiples by using the six sheet tray from summitek [http://www.summitek.com/][/url]
I am happy that you experienced the results that you want with the material. My complaint with this film, which I still maintain, is that it fails to build density range (aka contrast). This is a deficiency in the material when one wants to expand contrast to the levels that one would want for Azo or alternative printing (1.60 in the case of grade two Azo). Additionally this is a bothersome aspect when one wants to expand a low brightness ratio scene into a greater contrast. I found that with development times of 18 minutes with 2-2-100 Pyrocat that I was not able to expand the film past one zone of expansion. I found myself printing these negatives at grade five and they will need further intensification or contrast masking to achieve the results desired. This requires additional time that I would rather spend in exposing film.

Granted, if one overexposes the film by three stops, it should build density. I have no doubt of that. But building density range is another matter in my experience. Good luck to you in your photography.