Vollie,

I think I owe you an apology - I kind of hijacked your thread and got into a conversation with Jeff. My comments were not necessarily aimed at you, or anyone in particular. But just have a look at the forums, and you will see what I mean, even if it does not apply in this case. The F100 is a fine camera, heck, I'd say its one of the best - but, I shoot mainly Canon FD stuff, (but I also own a Lubitel, Holga, Zenit, Canonets two, Brownies - well, you get the picture, that ist goes on...) so I know what you mean. When my friends hand me their Elans or EOS gizmos I kind of cringe. I realized one thing: I like knobs and buttons and rings, I do NOT want to have to hear the word "menu" in conjunction with my camera. I just don't think I could ever do anything intuitively with a modern SLR, which is part of the reason why I don't (because cost is really less of an issue in todays market). When I see people wrestle with the menus and special functions to get what they want, I just run the other way. Also, I had the distinct pleasure of trying to take photos with an AF camera in low light... wow, it was more aggrevating than using one of those phone manus you get when you call any company nowdays...
Like I said earlier - I am that guy who rambles on...

Peter.