Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz
I could probably bring along chemistry for cyanotypes and Van Dyke brownprinting in addition to the wetplate stuff.
That would be great Joe. I'm sure we can set up a good work area as there is plenty of room inside. Only hitch might be all the windows and skylights! I've been building the place with a lot of light for studio work as well. There are a couple rooms that can be made dark enough for coating and burning.
Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz
Wilderness State Park was on my list of places to visit this year so this is all working out nicely for me. I also have an old friend who lives in Cross Village and it will be great to see him again while I'm in the area.
All in the neighborhood. Who's your friend? Wilderness is part of the experience. There is a "secret" little lake there that is very private and great for shooting. Actually a flooding complete with dead cedar stumps, etc. Incredible on a still day. It can be like glass. Just you, the Beavers and a yearly family of Osprey. Great Bass fishing too.
Quote Originally Posted by AeisLugh
I'd love to be able to come, but I'll have to find out just how managable for me that will be.
We'd love to have you if you can make it. There is a whole lot of beautiful country between us for you to travel through, that is for certain! If you've time, I've done the ferry from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island then across the bridge at Little Current and up around through Espanola and Blind River. Pretty incredible drive and saves that drive around the big bay.
Quote Originally Posted by PeterDendrinos
I would be more than happy to contact the folks on the list and let them know about this, in the event they don't see this.
Great Pete, thanks. I will get ahold of a couple hotels in the area and try to get a block discount. I'll also get maps and an info package ready to give to everyone.

There is a great place in Cross Village called the [COLOR=SandyBrown]Legs Inn[/COLOR]. Decent Polish food, usually a good band on the weekends and one of the coolest bars you'll ever visit. It can be a good place as well for a group dinner. Can get a good group rate there too.

Glad everyone is interested! More to come...

Bill