Quote Originally Posted by Charles Webb
Mercy, this guy Kinsey and his wife did some wonderful photographic work. The prints I have seen from original negatives are simply excellent! The 3rd and fourth generation prints from copy negatives look exactly like what they are, only facsimiles of the original images. I have long believed that one of the most difficult subjects to successfully photograph is a black, dirty, grimey,
steam engine back in the depth of the dark woods. Mr. Kinsey's images of logging locomotives and logging operations is of the highest quality and the prints I have had the pleasure of viewing are as I said above are wonderful. Several of the views I have seen most definitely in my humble opinion qualify on the same level as or perhaps a bit above the "Art" images that I see being made today with the latest equipment. Again, in my opinion he is/was a master of his craft! I would love to have a tripod that would extend as high as the one shown in his photo with his tools. Well different strokes for different folks, I like his work and dedication and if allowed I am going to adopt him and his wife as my
latest "Hero's" and masters of a very difficult medium. I thank Jim for taking his precious time to introduce me to the Kinsey's. I truly am sorry for anyone
who cannot see the beauty and value in the Kinsey's well executed photographs of a time in history that was seldom recorded with equal fidility!

Charlie...............................

Whoops, I forgot to ask where the Kinsey book was available, I wanna copy!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................

Charlie, Thanks to jim galli I bought a copy here

g