I'm not much for testing, that said here's my 2 cents.

Probably 80% of my photography requires reciprocity adjustment. THe first thing I would say is, yes reciprocity does increase contrast, that's what's so great about it, I like to call it reciprocity success rather than failure. Therefore, why would you decrease development, hopefully not because Kodak says to. Unless you are photographing nighttime scenes with dark shadows and bright street lights there is no need to decrease development. In fact many times in the light I make photographs in I often increase development to effect more edge contrast. I would suggest that most of us experience reciprocity where exposures increase because of low light levels, trypically where contrast itself is reduced.

For years I used a reciprocity chart given to me by my friend Jay Dusard. It worked everytime when I was silver printing. Recently I have switched to Azo. With Azo's ability to separate deep into the shadows I got the feeling I wanted more exposure. I have sinced switched to another reciprocity chart. I'll give you a few conversions here and can attest that these work wonderfully with J&C 200 and Semi-Stand development and printed on Azo.

Try these: 1sec. = 2 sec. / 2sec. = 5 sec. / 4 sec. = 15 sec. / 8 sec. = 35 sec. / 15 sec. - 1M 20 sec. / 30 sec. = 3M 30 sec. / 1M = 8M 45 sec. / 2M = 23M / 4M = 55M / 8M = 1H 35M.

I make photographs not tests and can say I am very pleased with my results, everytime.

Hope this helps