Quote Originally Posted by donbga
The last I checked abe books had a copy for $235! More than I wish to pay.

Kallitype and palladium printing.

Done that and it wasn't difficult just a bit messy. Making several gallons during one session wasn't that time consuming.

And I but my potaasium carbonate and oxalic acid in 50 lb bags , both only costing around 65.00, so for that little investment, I can make 25 gallons of developer. Quite a saving over what B&S sells potassium oxalate for.

Sure send it to me.

I think he will thaw it out this summer. As an experiment I've frozen some as well.

I suppose I could make a batch from powder and then measure the SG as a reference.

I've not been able to locate the bomb grade H202 and frankly I'm a bit leary of keeping the stuff around. As for the AFS I may be interested in getting some from you if I can't locate a source. I've got plenty of oxalic acid.

I have had no problem with it. I don't have animals or children in my darkroom as it is a separate building in an commercial / industrial space.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss the procedure. I do like to save money and not paying 50 cents a gram for FO would be nice.

Don
WOW!

pH and excessive amounts of oxalate will be a concern. pH will effect color of your print. The excessive oxalate can be taken care of with a little ferric nitrate.

Remember that what you will be measuring is the Sp Gr of that particular ferric oxalate powder mix! It may contain excess edta, ferric nitrate ( B&S did add small amounts) Look for purple crystals. Add you should add some oxalic acid to get the pH set up to help dissolve the ferric powder.

I have had no problem with it. I don't have animals or children in my darkroom as it is a separate building in an commercial / industrial space.

I bought my last batch of AFS through Johnson Mathey, 2.5kg. Last I looked at big bags 25kg it was only a bit more. The first time I bought it I picked up 500g for $50+/-.

Recently sent some off to some one as a kit; without the H2O2. Check with local hair dressers. Bryant Labs out in Berkely was one source that I used and since they have exited the alt world, I would check with Mike at Artcraft. 1 pint will do quite a bit but the cost of getting a gallon is not 4X but only 1.3X or something like that.