hi, im new too in apug.
about the camera and what u want...
well first of read, read here it is a great place. step by step u wil understand what is it all about. ask questions. i think u can find here planty of helfull comments.
the camera depends on what u want to do. i wouldnt recomened zoon any way. my recomendation is a normal lense. that means (in my opinion at least) =
1. a 50mm lense if u want to be more solid in perspective. if u work indoors i consider this focal lebght to be normal.
or.
2. 35mm lense if u want to open a space a bit. that can be normal outdoors since the sesnse of space outdoors is diifernt.
the main think is to study visualizing your photos. u cannot do it with zoom. u have to study working with a normal lense. then a dasy will come and u will know what other lense u do want.start working yourself and look others works trying to understand how they are made and what u like. study masters. it is always important.
about the camera body - i guees u r talking about the 35mm format. there is a choice of slr and rangefinder. which one??? for my self i do have answer (35mm - rangefinder) but u have to think what is best for u. if u imagine yourself seeing something, focusing, framing and clicking to maek a photo then this is a rangefinder. this si not point and shoot. actually u have to be more expirieanced with your visualization here since what u see through the viewfinder of rf camera is almost identical with what u see with the naked eye. u dont see what is going to be on the film - u have to sense it. this photography is called by many intuitive with mental involvement.
the slr - u see through the viewfinder aproximatly what u gonna see on the film. but when u look through it u loose the sense of what is out of the viewfinder = u loose the visual contact with what inspired u.
find out more about the cameras and their utilities. again, this is a good place to study and good luck.