Traditional photography (film-camera shooting and darkroom printing) has been threatened in Japan: It is determined to die by the law that's set by ignorant lawmakers over here. Although the situation has gotten slightly better, there still is a lot of work that needs to be done to prevent it from happening.

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=japan

I ran the thread above for a little while because I wanted to warn as many photographers as I could regardless of where they live around the globe. Meanwhile I contacted some places locally to give information out and take action, but I found out in the end, in the Japanese photographic community almost no photographers would give a damn about the death of the traditonal photography as a culture. And they don't care for other people, which I've felt in so many other ways when it comes down to the idea of sharing resources.

I kind of expected some well-known photographers with rational thoughts to take leadership and make a statement like the musicians involving Ryuichi Sakamoto did in public, but they didn't and I was wrong. I held a bit of hope because they are the ones who help out schools and dicover young talents, etc, but they remained so silent for this particular issue. So, I've been pretty disappointed after all, and that tells me I have to keep clinging to my way, not their way.