Quote Originally Posted by blow
thanks a lot for your comments once more, they gave me ideas and more important, directions.
and thanks firecracker for the LA tip, unfortunately Im really far at the moment, living in Berlin and with no much money in my pockets.
Its seems to me that specially in the area where most of you live (northamerica) there is this kind of non-future for journalism at all, i mean, the media is so manipulated by the big neo-capitalist people and enterprices that there´s no much hope to break into it or even become an alternative voice or ilustration. I dont know its just an idea, here in Berlin there´s a lot of movement regarding photography, but Im still not sure wether its on a "elite level".

s
blow, I actually live in the rural part of Japan not far from Kyoto. I'm not even part of urban life. But I used to live in the U.S. for a number of years and got my education and work method there. And more or less, from time to time, I feel the same as you do. I'm not a pro, but I feel the urge to take photographs of what others don't.

So, in the last few years, I've found my photojournalistic subject to be the aftermath of natural disasters. Japan is a land full of all kinds of catastrophe, and it's small enough to travel around, dedicate myself as a volunteer to work in the disaster relief operations, and document what's going on. It's something I learned by taking advantages of my geographical location.

I cannot do this all the time, but when I can, I do. I kind of pick up the scenes what the big media intentionally and systematically misses out. But that part of my photo portfolio is still too small to show in public.

Good luck with your work.

firecracker