I have been split contrast printing for the last few months. Although I am new to large fromat B&W I have been interested in darkroom work and photography for over 20 years. I just spent my first day using the RH Designs StopClock Professional timer and I am a convert. There is a bit of a learning curve (I am still on it) but once you get going it keeps getting better. F-stop printing is so much more reasonable and consistent with the negative exposure side of the equation. Also, using it forces you to understand the process and materials better. I already am thinking in f-stops instead of seconds and making better prints. Split contrast burning also makes more sense to me. I highly recommend it to anyone with the money for it. (Lets hope for a recession in Great Britain.) I bought mine through their website and received it very promptly.

Not trying to be a salesman but it really is a great piece of gear. I saw on APUG that DigitalTruth is selling a similar but cheaper/fewer-featured f-stop timer also.