Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
That I highly doubt and especially not in 4 hours.
I absolutely agree with you here; my point is just that the rant against the cut-and-paste should be directed to cut-and-paste proper, not digital per se. Digital facilitates cut-and-paste, as you clearly demonstrate, but it did not invent it either.

Sorry, but digital is not an art form as far as I am concerned, it is a cop out for being lazy. And I don’t know any LF shooter or MF shooter to take out 1000 rolls of film and blow through it like the digital shooters does on a weekend. That is simply another cop out. Well you film guy takes 5 rolls of film. Personally fro a weekend I am luck to get off a single roll of 120, 12 shoots or use 6 film holders for an entire weekend.
The same argument was levelled against photography when it came out. Later on, 35mm shooters on a motor drive were also sneered at for making statistics rather than caring about their images.

You know what today’s photographer are missing? Sitting and studying the scene., making sure that every element in the scene has it place, making sure the image is complete, making sure that the elements support one another to create the composition. It is about studying line, form and balance. It is not about who got the most image from the weekend.
Digital gives you just more facility to shoot like an idiot. It does not necessarily follows that it MAKES you an idiot. A good photographer is someone who will strive to get the best image out of a light-sensitive-optical system. If someone, film or digital, tells me he's got a bigger artistic dick because he took more pictures in an hour than I did, then he's just useless under any consideration.

With today’s digital shooter they don’t need to worry about anything as they will download to the computer and clone out and clone in things that are and not there. Add a sky, add a road and while there at it, add some water and lakes as well. They have nothing but total and complete disregard for the art of photography, which to me is completely revolting. Then they push it one step further and call it a fine photograph when its nothing more than an outright lie, a complete fallacy. A push of a button and they can output 10,000 identical pieces of paper with ink squirted all over it in a sequence to creating something that tries to resemble a photographic print.
Here I agree fully with you, because you put your finger on actual practices, not on an a priori consideration of the medium's impact. Digital doesn't make people lazy: they were ALREADY lazy. Now they can just indulge what they always wanted.

I don't even shoot digital, nor do I care anymore so much about what digital shooters think, but the weakest link in the artistic chain is not the tool, it's what's in their heads.