No dumb questions here unless it's in the soapboxOriginally Posted by UKJohn
A print exchange is where particpants make prints and send them to each other as gifts. Here in APUG there are 5 'official' print exchanges - Group, Blind, Alternative Process, Toy Camera and Postcard.
The basic process is:
- The Group Print Exchange is where particpants are organized into groups of 4 or 5. Each member of the group sends a print to all members of their group. Most prints here are 8x10. Jeremy Moore organizes this exchange.
- The Blind Print Exchange is where particpants are assigned one person to send a print to, without the recipient knowing who the sender is until the print arrives. Most prints here are 8x10. I organize this exchange.
- The Alternative Process and Toy Camera Print Exchanges are similar to the Group Print Exchange except prints in those exchanges are made exclusively with alternative/historical print processes or the pics are taken with toy cameras, respectively. CarlRadford organizes the Alternative Process Print Exchange and PhotoPete organizes the Toy Camera Print Exchange.
- The Postcard Exchange is where all particpants send all other particpants a postcard size print, or something equivalent like a greeting card, for example. Nige organizes this exchange.
Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any of the coordinators any questions about the print exchanges. I hope you particpate in the next round of exchanges. They are alot of fun.
- Sign up (PM the coordinator or members of your group your name and address)
- Make prints
- Mail prints
- Enjoy prints you recieve