I have a Durst S45, which kike a Durst S138, Offers tilting of the baseboard, easel, and lens stage. It is capable of sraighteneing and correcting horizontal and vertical vergences to a large degree. Another Durst model iffers either 4 or 5 adjustments and is very capable. It is not everyday that one finds themselves concerned with the covering power of an enlarging lens.

Durst, in a brochure that I have, circa 1970, states that the ease of doing these adjustments in the darkroom with a subject that is at an approximate infinity position suxh as a buikding with no foreground objects to be concerned with is so easily done in the darkroom that camera adjustments are a waste of time. Durst and I have a major difference of opinion here. They must be a lot better, to put it very mildly, at it than am I. I favor the camera as the easiest place to make the adjustments.

As a second consequence assume that you have in your photo a street lamp 25 feet from the camera and buildings 400 feet away. You have pointed your camera upward to save time knowing that you will correct it in the darkroom. Aint gonna happen..nfway. The degree of convergence of the street light will differ from the buildings and trying to corect one situation will leave the other uncorrected with darkroom manipulation.

Go ahead and try ity it. Make my day by proving me wrong.

You would best be advbised to keep your adjustable camera with you and benefit from the excercise of carrying it. You will not be sorry when viewing the prints.