</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bmoulton @ Dec 15 2002, 05:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Help needed&#33; I&#39;m searching for a new tripod to use with an Arca-Swiss F Line Field camera with lenses up to 300 mm.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Bob,

I can recommend a G1348 from first hand experience. Equipped with a Monoball B1, it would be the perfect tool for your Arca F. I originally bought the G1349, but removed the center column after I found that I didn&#39;t need it and that it is much more stable without it. Since the View Camera is relatively high, the leverage onto the head and its mount is much higher than with a medium or 35mm camera. Tiny movements or bends do have a visible impact on the ground glass. But a G1348 with a B1 is a secure mount and is still portable.

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bmoulton @ Dec 15 2002, 05:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I like the idea of a variable leg spread but dislike the spread available on at two or so click stops.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
You must look at the leg spread in the context of the leg length. Any combination is possible. I cannot imagine a situation where the Gitzo could be insufficient.