Bob, I don't think you're missing anything...looks to me like you've described some of the basics of best practice enlarging procedure. I tried to reinforce the idea that I think planning on fixing something in the darkroom when you are shooting is usually not the best approach. I do come back with stuff I worked carefully on that turns out to have 'issues' with printing - I just don't plan it that way. My old DeJur enlarger (new retired) had tilts at both the negative stage and lens stage to facilitate this kind of thing. Very few modern enlargers have these features. You can do a small amount of it, but it has serious limitations (as highlited by PE in one particular application) and it is very easy to degrade the image in other ways when you start down this path. I think with landscapes, if I am shooting with a camera without tilts/swings etc, my preference would be to search for compositions that don't scream 'fix me'. If I was doing architecture for a client, a good field camera IMHO is the only way.

Bob