All right, I have a few of these from before. But nothing like the ones that arrived today!

The first one is simply marked "A. T. Thompson & Co, Importers, Boston". According to the seller, it's 80mm across. Reading more critically, the glass is 8cm across, and 19 cm long... Anyway, it's a Petzval thingy, without aperture. Maybe I should cut an opening in the sleeve (it's got a focusing rack) and make a slot for waterhouse stops? It won't interfer with the engraving, at least... Focal length seems (quick examination, I'll measure it tomorrow) to be around 18-22cm.

The next one was a surprise. I read up on it in the Vade Mecum before bidding, and thought I got something I could use on a reasonably-sized camera.
Not so. The Ross Cabinet No. 2 is a monstrum! It's a Petzval too, definitely no RR as the Vade Mecum says. Again, the seller's "85mm" is across the glass, not the hood... Focal length around 25cm, max aperture 3.5 - which, I hasten to add, the seller didn't say. I expected an "Extra Rapid" RR, about f:6...

So my lens collection has increased by 5 kg. It now outweighs my camera collection, which is extremely bad since I've promised not to buy any more cameras this year after the Carbon Infinity!

Still, Maybe a "Cabinet size" wet plate camera could manage to sneak below the radar...