Ahoj...

I have recently turned my 4x5 Linhof Technika III into a pinhole field camera. Using an "Apogeo" pinhole shutter (from Eric and Nancy) with interchangable pinhole plates for optimal use at focal lengths of 75,90,120,150,270mm plus a viewing aperature (which I often shoot with)...in fact I rarely set up and shoot for an an optimal image. The shutter is mounted on a spare lens board. I had a focusing screen made by Bill Maxwell that makes for an incredibly bright and contrasty GG image...at least 10 times brighter than my Linhof with a standard fresnel. In addition I use the linhof variable optical viewfinder (hand-held) to scope out potential shots and compositions before unpacking my gear. For very low-light or when I'm not concerned about weight, I have a cambio rotating reflex back that is great, as it reverts the image to normal and I dont have to flounder around under a dark cloth...its a bit bulky so I dont take it on long hauls on foot. I shoot with primarily Polaroid Type 55PN...and usually process when I get back home...although sometimes I like to process on the spot.