That said, my view would change depending on who was asking me to give up the fruits of my labor. If it was a different situation and I felt someone (a person or an institution) was basically attempting to wield power or control over me, I think my reaction would be less Zen-like. As someone once said, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
I think you hit the nail on the head there.

The feeling I get from all of this is that this guy wants CONTROL. Pure control. Control of MY images. Control of MY work. My friend has always said that she is only doing this because "he is so upset."

You know if she had come to me with genuine concerns of her own (these are HIS concerns as far as I have been told), and a willingness to talk about things, I would be much more open to working something out. Instead I got asked at the WORST possible time, and I was harrassed the day after my wedding, all because this creepy little freak is upset at the idea of someone else having images of his future-wife.

Which makes me wonder if he isn't hanging around the house of the guy who took her school pictures every year.......