Quote Originally Posted by flash19901
We need one. NY and NE are to far north. What about getting a group set up for Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Wilmington, De.?
Hello all.
A Metro DC area group would be great.
I'm Dick Harris, new to APUG, but in photography for many years.
And while I teach b&w & digital photography at the College of So MD, I was surprised to learn after all these years that I'm "Analog"!
I am shooting & preparing a black-and-white exhibit for the College and a Museum entitled "Black and White Renaissance,
My grear consists of two 4x5 Graphic & a Crown. Plus two Hasselblad outfits which have been shooting for many years. My latest toy is the Kiev 66 which I got on Ebay.
I'm in Hollywood MD, one hour SE of Wash DC & 1.5 hrs from Baltimore. Phila is about two hours.
So MD has a number of really great large format sites to photograph.
IDEA....If there is interest I'll host a one day workshop meeting at the Naval Air Musem here..the only one in the world.
There is a meeting room to show samples of APUG photos and after a.m. coffee and rolls we could visit a Civil War mansion..Sotterly. Then shoot fishing boats at Solomon's harbor, etc. Should make a fun weekend...maybe late August or Labor Day?
Everything in St Mary's County...MD's mother County is compact & photographable.
There is a charming new B&B called Victoria's Candle nearby.
Food for thought?
When? Ideas?
Dick Harris jon-r@tqci.net 301--373-8622