So I get home from work this early evening, and in the mailbox is small box with my name on it, from FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. Hmmm, I think...Did I sleep-order something online and don't remember doing so? Has my girlfriend sent me a spontaneous/surprise gift? I open it and inside is a small envelope with my name on it, handwritten, containing a card, which, in turn, contains a business card:

.................................................. .........

FUJIFILM
I&I - Imaging & Information

MARIANNE SALIMBENE
Director
Customer Care Department
Technical Services & Support Division
The Imaging Group

FUJI PHOTO FILM USA, INC
etc etc
etc etc.....

.................................................. ........

This is followed by a note:

"Shawn Mielke (handwritten)--

In appreciation of your business and loyalty,
we are sending the enclosed without the formality of a letter.
It is our hope that you will continue to enjoy Fujifilm products in the future.

(signed, Marianne Salimbene)

THANK YOU
CUSTOMER CARE DEPARTMENT"

And "the enclosed" turns out to be four rolls of B/W film, two Acros 100, and two Neopan 1600.

I'm glowing, and bewildered. Mostly delighted. But I had to think why ???
And then the "Ahaa..." hits me. Within the last couple of months there was thread here dealing with the topic of Fujifilm and it's committment to film based products. Someone had included an email address whereby one might thank them/it. I had sent just such an email. It may be that I sent two Thanks emails, one to the UK branch, and then one through the Fujifilm USA website directory. In any case, I'm still glowing (and delighted) and also totally impressed. Anyone else recieve something like this? I did, in my email, note how in love with Neopan 1600 I was/am, mentioned appreciation for the Acros film as well, so it makes sense that they sent me these specific materials. Totally cool. Thank you Fuji!

Shawn