Quote Originally Posted by sanking

For simplicity sake I settled on 1:1:100 using NaOH 10% and giving a little bit more developing time to acheive the same CI. I think I mentioned this, but IMO this combinatin is not good for long scale negatives as the times get really short.
Yes, that is obvious from my tests. But bear in mind that I am looking for a specific solution with these tests, i.e. how to get enought contrast from low contrast films like BPF, JandC Classic, HP5+, and even 320TXP when used in low contrast lighting and intended for printing with alternative processes. You must have a developer with a lot of energy to get past the relatively low Gamma Infinity range of these films with standard strength developers. Even the regular 2:2:100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD, which is a very energetic developer by most standards, comes up a bit short with these films in these situations.

Just looking at the data suggests that a 2:2:100 working dilution of Pyrocat-HD using a 10-12% sodium hydroxide Stock B solution in place of the regular 75% potassium carbonate Stock B will solve the problem.

I think this is an important consideration because in my experience a very large part of ULF work is done for alterntive printing, with low contrast films in low contrast lighting.

Sandy [/i]