Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
Thoughts and questions near the end of my birthday - as I turn 50.

I think of all the blessings I have - family, friends, joys and experiences.
I have received generous gifts from my lovely wife and my wonderful parents, and a wonderful meal at a special restaurant that I have wanted to visit for a long time.

Turning 50 probably has the same effect on me as it does on many - it makes me think of things.

For this post, I have two questions, and two wishes.

Question 1 - for those of you who have already attained and passed the age of 50, did you find that your photographic vision continued to grow and mature after you passed this artificial milestone? If so, how?

Question 2 - for those of you who have a ways to go until you reach this age, where do you want to be (photographically) when you are 50?
No one should feel the need to respond to this thread, but if you would like to, I look forward to checking for responses tomorrow when I log in.

Matt

P.S. I've posted this in the "Ethics and Philosophy" forum, but if it should be in the "Lounge" instead, please feel free to move it.
First, Happy 50th, Matt! Welcome to the club!

I have to say that I am really not qualified to answer this, even though I am 50 (with a few years of experience). I never really started photography until right around the time when I turned 50... so I am an old newbie! haha

I have no idea where I am going with my photography, only that I want to improve. I guess I am waiting for an epiphany! haha Better come quickly!

I am so happy that you have your parents still with you and can spend time with them. I cannot tell you how deeply I miss my Mom who passed away almost a year after I turned 50. It is wonderful that you treasure the people in your life.

So, Happy b-day to you!