Quote Originally Posted by lee
Technique needs to be learned to the point that you can forget about it. I contend that those that cannot make pretty prints are the same ones that say that pretty prints get in the way of the message.

lee\c
Lee,
You have summed up what I really feel in much less space, by working through the process I detailed earlier, my intent is to let the technique become second nature, then I can enjoy photography even more (which would not seem possible to the folks that really know me). Thanks!!!

Michael,
Knew I had forgotten something from the post, You found it :P , but you are correct. Without good notes the best efforts may not be as easy to reproduce.

Dave,
I understand what you are saying, and I agree to the point that the technical should never become the 'focus' of making an image (no pun intended). For myself, though, it is needed - there are some who are gifted and grasp the concepts and process with little effort (or so it seems), but for me..well I need the process outlined to keep me on track. Like I said to Lee...at least until it is 2nd nature.

Thanks for the comments.