Quote Originally Posted by Snapper
OK, so it's said Selenium is nasty stuff and the fumes are pretty noxious. However has anyone experienced selenium poisoning from accidentally coming into contact with the solution, and what were the effects? The first time I used selenium I was ill a few days later - I just wondered if that was the effect of the selenium or just something I ate. I have never had a problem with it since.
I have selenium toned prints for over twenty years. I never wear gloves and I don't wear any type of respirator. The fumes seem to be ammonia and not terribly strong in my opinion.

I am not suggesting that anyone do what I do. I am just relating my experience.