There are a number of factors that will impact on the operation of this light source. The first being that the greatest amount of experience to this point has been in contact printing of negatives with the "blue" portion of the visible light spectrum. This is what is exposing Azo when we use the reflector flood lamps. Thus negatives have been developed for this exposure spectrum.

The UV light source will change things for those who are using staining developers. The effects of this proportional stain will become more pronounced with certain developers when using the UV light source for exposure. The stain presents itself as greater density to UV transmission then it does to blue light transmission. In the negative density range that we normally use on Azo the effect of UV transmission can make a lot of difference insofar as the contrast on the print.

I believe that Michael Smith addressed this fact in one of his recent posts. Either here or on the Azo forum (I forget which).

The other thing that is going to become increasingly important is exposing and developing the negative more precisely. Excessive density will become the problem that it has long been for alt process printers. For that reason I think that to effectively use the potential of this light source film speed tests and camera negative density tests will be beneficial. To make welding goggle negatives will be a problem. I don't think that DBI will produce the results indicative of the potential that this light possesses.

Insofar as enlarging lenses. El Nikkor lenses will pass about a stop more UV light then comparable Schneider Componon and Rodenstock Rodagon lenses. This information comes from the inventor of this light source and also from Jens at Jensen Optical/Durst Pro. This is an important consideration as Jorge mentioned. There are probably another lens design or two that will work. I have heard of some really expensive quartz glass enlarging lenses that work too.

My first thought is that a negative developed to proper density range for grade two enlarging with pyrocat developer will probably be fairly near what is required for grade three Azo. However tests will need to be done to confirm this.