Did my first 5x7 negs today in pyrocat 2:2:100 in trays with constant agitation. I read somewhere that one neg in the soup would cause problems but two was good. That was what I did, but did not know how to do intermitant agitation with them on top of each other so I just shuffled them bottom to top. But now I realize I have no idea what to look for.

There is ample detail in the shadows where I wanted minimum detail zone 2 and there seems to be pretty good seperation between the highs and mids. The scene was an SBR of 5 and I am using BPF 200. I do not see any stain at all. I fixed in claytons non-hardening fixer for seven minutes. Did I do it too long, or is this not good stuff? I got it at photomark in phoenix because the other stuff they had was kodak rapid fix with hardener.

I do not have a densitometer and if I lay it on a white sheet of paper under a bright light I see white paper only in the deepest shadows is that normal? these things are pretty dense.

I must say I like the largish negs. I wish I had something to contact it on or a scanner that worked with this format.

I kinda feel like a kid in a candy store but has no idea where to start eating.