Quote Originally Posted by haris
Floppy discs... Well, I bought new motherboard for my computer, and it is with controller for SATA hard discs. Drivers for SATA came on 3,5 inch floppy disc. And if you ever tried to install SATA hard disc drivers on windows XP during windows installation (you know message during windows installing: "if you have SCSI HDD drivers to install, press F6"), you will get note that windows require installation of SATA drivers only from floppy disc. No option for installing from anything else (CD or network or else...), only from floppy disc. So, floppy discs are still good and well, thank you very much...
I'm not following you, Haris. I installed a SATA controller on my old computer, and there was no floppy involved. And my new one came with the controller already in it, as yours. Again, no need for a floppy. I haven't had a floppy drive in several years. Seeing what was coming, I copied everything important that I had on floppies to cds back when I had my last computer with a floppy drive.

But along these same lines, I have a nice Epson 636 flatbed scanner that works just fine... but only on Windows 98! Sigh...