Quote Originally Posted by poorusher
I am at the end of my tether with modern labs.

Everyone has gone over to digital printing, and I find they are far inferior to old analogue prints.

I am working with a colleague soon who's publisher wants to scan in prints, scanning digital prints is horrid, noisy, blech.

So does anyone know of a lab still using traditional printing without excessive costs. I don't mind posting films to them, if they are UK based

I used to run with Jessops then Snappy Snaps but they've all switched to digital.

I hope someone can help me out here.

Regards
Luke
To HELP answer your question:

It sounds like you are looking for lab that uses a non-digital machine printer which outputs optical prints. The journey may be difficult as the business trend has moved to scan>print machines. Noritsu used to produce very fine optical machines but has discontinue the line. I would suggest to do research and find the authorized Noritsu UK web site and get the contact information for Noritsu Resale Department. Call them up and ask them for contact information of customers that have the older optical machines. They are out there, many individuals, small business photographers and labs have pick these up for great value. I wish I can remember the model numbers for optical machines; I used to have to work on them here and there.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Shane
www.shaneknight.com