I should know better then to jump into this, but....I'm a bit dissheartened that RC is getting such a bad rap. I'm pretty new to this, and I've really never used anything but RC paper. By reading some posts, I take it that this makes me a "hack" so-to-speak. Ok. I can take that.

I'm not an artists making a living at this, I mainly do it for my own enjoyment. In fact, most of the prints I make I like to give away to the people whom I took the photo of. I think it's silly to argue if one can make a "true" expresive print on one paper vs. another. Heck, you can make something that is expresive out of found objects. Quality might be another issue altogether, and I'm in no place to go into that.

This NG has peaked my interest however. I spent last night printing three winter landscapes that I took on my little ole Ricohmatic TLR. Of course I used RC, Kodak Polycontrast III, Lustre. Tonight (hopefully) I'm going to print those same images on some Kodak fibre that a friend gave me when moving. It should be a fun experiment, and I may have a better feel for what you all are discussing here. I'll let you know.....