Albumen peeling off? From my experience, probably the paper type. I've had good consistent results with Platine. Also, I don't think it's a great idea to coat with silver nitrate as soon as the albumen is dry. I always let mine 'cook' for a while, sometimes by accident (more than organisation) up to 6-18 months! Hence, I do a lot of albumen coating all at once for say, a year or two's supply. Old books explain methods on how to treat it with vapours of some kind to 'set' the albumen (I forget now just what they were using) ... OR let it age itself. I always give 2 or 3 coats (dry in between) coating in each direction. Also, great to 'float' the sensitiser on but then you cover the whole sheet which means when you want to gold tone, it uses much more all around the borders. I brush coat slowly & surely, once in each direction, soft good quality brush, get great results. I've also had good results using a glass rod to coat silver nitrate. It's one of those processes which gives you two steps forward and ten backwards before it all comes together. I fiddled with it for 3 or 4 years off and on before I was really satisfied with the reults. Oh, and it's important to make sure you wash out completely the unused silver, washing out in the form of cloudy water. Hope all this helps.