Enlargers don't make a print "sing", the judgement applied by trhe printer does that.

I have used cold cathode enlargers in my own darkroom for over 20 years but have used diffusion colour enlargers and condensor enlargers many times when I have done printing workshops and as far as I am concerned there are four significant differences especially between cold cathode and condensor.

1) Condensor is at least one stop higher in contrast than cold cathode. I process my negatives for cathode and when I print my workshop negatives on condensor I always have to print on a lower grade. The condensor print also tends to look sharper, this is a result of higher contrast and increased grain.

2) Condensor prints show more grain than either diffusion or cold cathode, I am told that this is because of the way that condensors scatter the light.

3) Cold cathode does not show the blemishes quite so much as the condensor. I am not saying that it eliminates them, I have heard that claim but don't subscribe to it. Again, I have been told that this is because of the way that the condensors scatter the light.

4) Cold cathode will produce a smoother gradation through the tonal range than the other two light sources.

I think that the choice of light source is a purely personal thing, and would never claim that one type out performs any other. I happen to prefer the tonal quality produced by cold cathode which is why I use one but I have seen some exqusite prints made on both other types. The late Larry Bartlett used a Leitz condensor enlarger and his prints where quite beautiful and did "sing" I believe that the printer behind the enlarger drives it and if he knows what he is doing he will produce quality prints from any one of the three types, but each with slightly different characteristics.