Just completed my 2nd ever Kallitype session this evening and had some good results using the feedback from this thread. Thanks to all who have contributed - esp Sandy
I have attached the most sucsessful image as an example.
Firstly I have used a more contrasty neg, FP4 in Pyrocat-HD 2:2:100. Developed for 10 mins (SBR 7 - 8). (approx N - 1.5 estimated). Time based in Sandy Kings curve on Unblinkingeye for a 0.8 density Kallitype neg.
I used Arches Aquarelle paper as before but gave a provisional coating by foam brush of 3% citric acid to neutralise/acidify the paper. I did not apply size (gelatin) and relied on the original paper sizing. Exposure was 11 mins. Developed in 500 ml Borax with 6 drops K3Cr2O7 to increase local contrast slightly. Cleared in Ciitric acid and fixed in Ilford Fixer. The first print of this went blotchy and I narrowed this down to the fixer being to strong, so I diluted it to 1:19 and no more blotching. I am not sure if the fix is adequate but time will tell.
I can see a feint colouration where the sensitizer is not cleared fully but I think this is an feature of the paper. I cleared for 5 mins in Citric acid which should have removed it all.