Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
Anyte, there's a lot of, um, excrement masquerading as shoe polish on the web. I still think its better to look for information and fail before asking questions.
Aren't you deciding, by your statements against a macro forum, that a person who has to ask has not done their research? The other thing is that a lot of people are not proficient or even confident in doing online searches. I know a lot of intelligent people that no matter how they try they are not competent at doing an internet search.

Even if the person asking is too lazy to bother reading a book or taking test shots to find out what the possibilities are, there are always people like myself that may be reading, that have done the research but will still benefit from the question having been asked. I've said it before, I rarely ask questions on APUG because I can usually find the answers in a current or an old thread. I read threads that don't even pertain to what I do because I may get something, if only a half-baked idea, from the discussion.