Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
I can appreciate that position Dave. Sorry to be getting all up in arms about it. I was mostly referring to the larger phenomena of security guards bullying people who are actually ON public property - if you've been following the threads on this and other related forums lately. However - I really don't like the trends happening in this country, at all. It seems there used to be this concept called 'liberty' which has been replaced by a concept called 'freedom' which means that you are surveilled at every corner - your internet activity tracked, your credit cards tracked. It's disgusting, IMO. It wouldn't take much imagination to see that previously 'public' property, owned by the 'city corporation' will now become 'private property'. I think it's something we really need to keep tabs on. In the interest of 'liberty'.
Sparky,

I agree wtih you, I see alot of things I don't like when it comes to what we can and cannot photograph and as I stated, I don't agree or disagree with what they did and to the joy of photographers who work in that area, they have recinded their choice, but after many years of being a photographer, I just don't see how calling them names and bulling up to the bar, does anything to further our cause, I am old enough now to understand, you get more by offering honey than you do vineger, it sounds as if the public was able to get their point across in this situation and it will continue to be these little victories that allow us to continue to do what we do and love to do...as I said, ask me and I will most likely give, tell me and I will most likely tell you to go to hell, hell bent for election is not always the best policy and with some restraint and cooth, we can win the world back over again..

Have a great day..

Dave