I was thinking it might have something to do with the lens but I still have no idea since it is a Mamiya lens and I got it as a bundle from KEH.com.

The camera is a Mamiya 645E and the lens is a Mamiya-Sekor 80mm f/2.8 N. Is there anything about this lens/camera combo that causes it to not focus to infinity? I don't think it's even infinity unless infinity is actually pretty close. I live in an apartment building that used to have a fraternity house inbetween the other matching apartment building and I can't focus on things that are past the frat house, like trees. They look decently close with the split prism or even in focus but when I actually look at the sharpness of trees and anything else, nothing really LOOKS in focus. I have the diopter set to -1 though, could this have anything to do with it? I know that when you have lens adapters it can offset infinity focus or certain macro attachments but the diopter is the only thing I can think of. I haven't had a chance to really check out the negatives to see if I'm just hallucinating (I doubt it) but I have also managed to do what I could to get the infinity stuff in focus by stopping down to say f11 and by using the depth of field preview.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Andrew Laverghetta