This is another semi-loony idea hatched in the Chat Room today. How about having a Medium Format Folding Camera Month?

The basic idea would be to shoot photos with a medium format folding camera during a one-month period, then post the best one you get in the APUG Gallery. No restrictions on film choice, B&W or color, either one.

By far, most of these cameras are of vintage age and there is a wide variety of them. Exposure and focusing is all done manually, often "guessing" on the focusing distance with uncoupled rangefinders. But they can still produce quite good results. I noted that one of the Ilford Postcard winners was shot with an Agfa Isollette.

If anyone is interested, please answer the poll questions. Should we run the month from October 15 to November 15 or November 1-30?

I think the Baby Graphics (2-1/4x 3-1/4) should be allowed. They are MF (6x9) folding cameras, are of the same vintage, and can be easily hand-held. They have the advantages of ground-glass focusing and sheet film, but so what? But I can see that some people might have a problem with that, so I have included it in the poll questions. I dont have one myself right now, but I have used them in the past.

Let's see where this goes.