Agitation is another of those personal choices. Changing agitation randomly can cause major changes in the contrast of your negatives. Having made a choice, you need to stick with it like glue, making it part of the process that you follow religiously.

I have standardized on HC110, dilution B, for roll film, and my agitation is continuous for the first 30 seconds, and 5 seconds out of every thirty thereafter. Also, I agitate very vigorously (some friends are actually frightened at how vigorously I agitate!). But it works for me. My development times tend to be shorter than what most people use - 4min 30sec for roll film, for example. Quick and simple.

I also use HC110 for sheet film, dilution H (dilution B with twice the normal amount of water). I use a slosher in a tray, with continuous gentle agitation for the first 30 seconds followed by 5 sec out of 30 thereafter. My development time for sheets is longer than for rolls - 11 minutes. The main advantage (for me) is that it gives me maneuvering room for N-1 and N-2 development without having the time become so short that I have to worry about uneven development.

The procedure that you attribute to Mr. Mironchuk sound like "minimal agitation", or "semi-stand development". That's also a process that works, but the developer usually is highly dilute, and the development time is also much longer. I've done that with Rodinal, 1:100, with a one-hour development time for both rolls and sheets. The advantage of that approach is better detail and local contrast. The disadvantage is that it is very boring.

My point is that all of these work very well. None is absolutely better than any other - and it comes down to what you are trying to accomplish, and what you find to be pleasing results.