Jim,

first of all, make sure you are buying it for the right reasons. Just so you know, the print you sent me for the prin exchange gets a lot of really good comments from people who swing by my cel.. er cubicle at work. You are doing great work with your medium format right now. ok ran over...

In the past week I have dont close to what you are looking at doing.

I found a Deardorff on eBay, got it for $610. Went to KEH.com and bought a used 305 G Claron for a tad over $600. Went to my local store to buy fixer, came out with a used Berlebach tripod and Ries head $179. Got some film holders from the APUG classifieds, and a local source $25-30 each. Moral of the story, if you are patient (and maybe lucky) there are great deals to be had. Oh yeah, Thanks YHOO

If you do decide to get something other than a regular dorff, B&J, Masterview, make sure the back is actually an 8x10 back, my first one was about 5/8" oversized, so standard holders didnt fit right. And make sure you have enough bellows draw for the length of lenses you are most likely to use, otherwise you'll be up the same creek I was...

Good luck!