There have been some good advice in these responses. The best of which is make sure our going to 8x10 for the right reasons. Take some time and figure out what you want to do with your photography. What type of work your doing, what type of work you want to do, do you travel a lot, do you go back packing? All these things make a difference.

Shooting 8x10 is a wonderful experience, but it is not for everyone. Its a lot of work and its not cheap. It will cause you to re-learn and refine some working habits. But seeing the negatives hanging after processing or seeing the finished contact prints usually makes me forget how much work the camera is to shoot.

I will warn you that 8x10 will seem big at first and then you'll see a ULF negative or contact print and think the 8x10 is a little small. I know your working with a budget but a camera that is part of a system can save you money in the long run. My first 8x10 was a tachahara, I spent most of my starting budget on the glass. I worked with that camera for five years before I replaced it. I was able to figure out that I really enjoyed working with the 8x10 and making contact prints before spending more money on a better camera.