AT NO TIME DID ANYONE SAY SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SHE WOULD BE ATTACKED. THE WORD WAS KNOWN WHAT REACTION SHE WOULD GET, NOT THAT SHE WOULD BE ATTACKED. JDEF, SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND AND NOT USE THAT EXCUSE AGAIN, WHICH YOU HAVE WITH OTHERS.

See woman open gallery.
See woman accept art work for gallery.
See woman except a political painting in gallery.
See woman place painting in front window of gallery.
See people throw eggs.
See people leave trash.
See people make nasty calls.
See people make threats.
See people do this for 2 weeks.
See woman get punched in face.
See woman surprised by the reaction.
See woman say she had no warning.

For those who said did you see the painting? Well yes. I saw it briefly as I drove by on the way to a fish market near the Maritime Museum. that was at the beginning of last week. Eggs on the window, and the painting in the front window prominently displayed so that from two lanes over I could see it plainly. It was my son who noticed it first. My comment at the time, "someone is upset." I didn't think anymore about it.

All through history art has engendered emotions. Some paintings are even painted to incite extreme emotional reactions. The French revolution is an example. Caravaggio in the late 1500's was murdered for his paintings that slapped at the sensibilities of the Catholic Church. It is nothing new. It is not singular to the USA. It will continue in the future.

I never said she deserved what she got or intimated it in any way. To twist words to make it sound like we did, is just creating a point to argue from, is crazy. None of us here thinks she deserved to be punched. I for one think she was just a bit too naive or very brilliant. This will ensure that her gallery will have a steady flow of traffic once it does reopen. Who is to say what was behind it. It happened. What is good if there is any good, is it was only a punch in the face. And that is not to say that I am about to go out and do worse or am in anyway encouraging or condoning someone to go and do worse to her. Do not twist the meaning of what I stated.

We are all different, and we all make things differently. We all have the freedom to choose, even if it is to dissent in a country that will not allow it. What we understand is that if we choose to do something that is known to bring a reaction, we should not be surprised by it. If we were all the same, what good would photography be? We would all be making the same exact picture. Scariest of all, you all might be just like me!