Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
Most modern papers contain developing agents in them.
This is very true, primarily with the variable contrast papers. What you need to do is get some graded chloro-bromide paper such as Bergger CB Art, Ilford Gallerie, or one of the Kentmere graded papers. Then use a non-hydroquinine developer, preferably one that is metol based.

Thanks Ron, for the comment on the photo.