Sorry to hear of your problem. My emulsions are usually used up rather quickly, but I have kept them for about 6 months with no problem. I do go in and out of problems. These mainly come from errors, or changes in batch of a given chemical, but with tweaking the problem is solved and I have more information to pass on.

Your formula is not all that different than mine, and I have no pepper grain with that formula. I add the silver over 10 mins, and then ripen for about 30 minutes. I then follow it with the hypo treatment I described for 1 hour at 60 deg. Then I add final addenda such as spreading agent and hardener.

I get good black tones and good whites. The speed allows an 8x10 print to be made in about 12" at f11. The prints compare well with commercial product. But, to get there I too had to use up a bit of silver nitrate as my first results were rather bad. I had to tweak things to fine tune my technique to match the equipment I have. I don't have a fancy Kodak emulsion lab any more.

But, none of my unwashed emulsions stick to glass well at all during processing. They appear to beforehand, but float off during processing. The washed emulsions stick to the glass. I expected this, but I wanted to try it anyhow.

I might add that bromide is a powerful restrainer for bromide emulsions, and so the result you have is not unexpected for an unwashed emulsion.

If you want to try again, double the gelatin and the water in part A. Raise the temperature of both A and B to 55 degrees. That should fix up the pepper grain. Then, try the hypo treatment. That should fix speed and contrast.

PE