Ann, if you can get denatured alcohol at a paint/hardware store that should do. If you can't find that try an auto parts store and look or ask for a product called Heet. It is, as far as I know, methanol. It absorbs water like crazy, and is used to remove moisture from automobile fuel tanks. The Heet product is also probably quite a bit cheaper than the denatured alcohol that you will find in a paint store.