The question of what GAF "Universal Developer" was has been kicked around on various forums - all without a definite answer.

Like jnanian, I used "Universal Developer" in the late 60s, using one dilution for paper and another for film. Somewhere I got the idea it was Ansco 130, but I have not been able to find a confirmation. All of my Agfa/Ansco/GAF literature lists 130 only as Universal Paper Developer. If you've got a reference saying "Universal Developer" was Ansco 130, I'd appreciate knowing what it is.