Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hook View Post
Just out of curiosity, we put a print up for sale on e-bay a couple of years ago. It was an 8x10" black and white print I'd shot and printed. There was just a little interest and it did sell for a few 's.

While my ego would love it if I sold some prints and even more if I made some real money out of it, it doesn't quite feel the right thing to do. In trying to work out my unease, it does seem to cheapen the image, or is it a case of vanity? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Is it the right thing to do?
Not quite sure what you're driving at here. As I am sure you know, there are people by the name of "professional creatives" (of which I am one) who are happy to sell the results of their labors for money. There are others who, while they do not make a living from their creative work, like to sell this because they feel that in this way the buyers demonstrate that they value and appreciate the work. There is a third group with an equally valid viewpoint, the members of which never sell their work, usually because they feel it is not worth while and they would rather have creative freedom than the small amounts of cash they might otherwise earn. A small minority of this third group may well feel that any association with commerce is squalid and disgusting! I think it is absolutely up to you to decide which group you want to belong to.

Regards,

David