Quote Originally Posted by rrankin View Post
On first glance, I'd say that this gives the model too much control over you and doesn't actually solve the legal issues satisfactorily.
Thank you for the reply. ALL will be considered.

I am wondering, though .. have you any specific information about which issues are left "unresolved"?

... You have paid him/her when this release is signed.
Not necessarily. Usually, this Assignment - Preliminary Release - will be signed BEFORE the work... to establish the charater and "limits" of the session.

With para 2, he/she can prevent you from publishing by not signing a second release while, at the same time under para 3, he/she could be using the same images for self-promotion
Will not, and can not happen. The Model will not receive the images until I develop the film. Shorter times might be possible with digital cameras, but I do not work with digital cameras.

Personally, I'd say para 1 is so vague as to be useless. If a disagreement arises, how is either party going to prove what you showed in that portfolio as per that para as a representative sample? It also refers to agreements made outside of this agreement which is another vague minefield sine they are not specified or even legally included by reference
Signing the Agreement - Preliminary Release - by BOTH parties would indicate an understanding/ agreement as to the work to be done in the future... This will be a control over the Photographer, admittedly, but in my opinion it is only a fair way to assure the Model of "good faith" - in writing.

You view this as a "minefield"? Do you have any other suggestons here?

No offense, but I think you have to head back to the drawing board on this one
This has never left "the drawing board" in the first place. I still have to talk to more participants on both sides.