</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jorge @ Jan 24 2003, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I just started doing Kallytipes and I am having a lot of fun with it. I use it to proof negatives for pt/pd and it is a wonderful tool. Since I have the pd I tone them with it and I have to admit some look as good if not better than the pt prints.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
Thanks Jorge for the info&#33; Must be a coincidence as I also began using the process as a &#39;proof&#39; for pt/pd but am finding I like the qualtiy of the kallitypes themselves.

One question - I&#39;ve noticed that when I hold up a print to the light I can see &#39;dark spots&#39; scattered through out the paper (platine). These spots look more semi transparent rather than as a solid brown or black. Oddly enough a vandyke or argyrotype printed on platine does not have this problem - only kallitype.
I&#39;m using amm.citrate as the developer. I clear for 2 min in citric acid, fix for 2 min in sod.thios., and hypoclear for another 2 min in sod.sulfite (with 2 min washes between steps), then wash for 30min. Any idea what I may be seeing &#39;in&#39; the paper?

Cheers,
Roger...